Manufactured Housing Anti-Stigma Month 2019 Social Media Toolkit
Thank you for joining the #RightAtHome2019 campaign to fight stigma around manufactured housing. Below, you will find sharable graphics, videos and related sample posts to share with your networks throughout the month. We will be adding new resources and sample posts throughout the month as new information is released.
While we have not included a section for Instagram, please feel free to repurpose the content if your organization uses this platform. Don’t forget to use the hashtag!
Download graphics here. While the graphics are included below, please download the graphics directly from Dropbox to ensure highest quality.
Social Media Handles:
Prosperity Now | Facebook: @prosperitynow.org | Twitter: @ProsperityNow | IG: @Prosperitynow
ROC USA | Facebook: @rocusa.bettertogether | Twitter: ROCusaorg
Next Step | Facebook: @NextStepUS | Twitter: @NextStepUS
Family Promise | Facebook: @FamilyPromise | Twitter: @fpnational | IG: @family.promise
NHMOA | Facebook: @NationalManufacturedHomeOwnersAssociation
Clayton Homes | Facebook: @ClaytonHomes | Twitter: @claytonhomes | IG: @claytonhomes
Suggested Social Media Calendar
OCTOBER 1-2, 2019 | KICK OFF ANTI STIGMA MONTH
- This October, we’re fighting against the stigma associated with #manufacturedhousing. Join the convo by tweeting with us using #RightAtHome2019! Throughout the month, look out for valuable info & resources to help advocate for this often-overlooked affordable housing option.
- This October, we are partnering with (List orgs) to fight against the stigma associated with manufactured housing, often misnamed “mobile housing.” Throughout the month, we will be sharing information and resources that you can use to help us advocate for this affordable, high-quality housing option that is too commonly seen as a last resort. To kick things off, Prosperity Now published a blog post. Don’t forget to join the conversation on Twitter by using the #RightAtHome2019 hashtag. http://bit.ly/2nzyVtn (Image associated with blog will populate)
*Also highlight any programming that your organization does with manufactured housing – an example would be Family Promise highlighting manufactured homes through their Partners in Housing program
** Please note that you can share this on all social media platforms and repost the kick off blog (http://bit.ly/2nzyVtn) to your own website, if possible.
October 3-4 | WHAT IS MANUFACTURED HOUSING?
- Let’s talk #manufacturedhousing! What is it? To answer that, we can tell you what it’s NOT. MH owner and advocate, Tim Sheehan, shares a fun video describing why manufactured does not always mean mobile: http://bit.ly/2moQiML #RightAtHome2019]
- #Manufacturedhousing has come a long way since the travel trailers and modified vans of the early 20th century and has since become an affordable, permanent form of housing for many Americans. Read more: http://bit.ly/2mpWMuR #RightAtHome2019 (via @ClaytonHomes)
- While manufactured housing evolved from the early travel trailers and modified vans that began popping up in the early 20th century, the modern manufactured home has come a long way. As part of our fight against the stigma around manufactured housing, we share a @ClaytonHomes article about the past, present and future of the industry: http://bit.ly/2mpWMuR (PHOTO WILL POPULATE FROM BLOG POST)
OCTOBER 7-8, 2019 | QUALITY & DURABILITY
- One important concern that homebuyers have about #manufacturedhousing is durability – no one wants to buy a house that won’t last! but the MH industry is regulated, and manufacturers are (and have been) required to meet safety standards since 1976. #rightathome2019
- If you think that living in #manufacturedhousing prevents you from going “green,” think again! #RightAtHome2019
Please note that you can share this on all social media platforms.
October 9-11, 2019 | A SENSE OF COMMUNITY
- The #manufacturedhousing community cares! Last month, @ROCUSAorg (w/ a grant from @neighborworks) created the Re-Branding Grant Program for resident-owned communities (ROCs) w/ a goal of addressing stigma in MH communities! http://bit.ly/2nhTREH #RightAtHome2019
- Great news! last month, @rocusaorg, a non-profit that aims to grow resident ownership of manufactured home communities, created the re-branding grant program through a grant from @neighborworks. this program will help fund resident-owned communities (rocs) that want to address stigma in mh by making changes that contribute to a better brand image, or reputation, for their community. https://rocusa.org/news/roc-leaders-award-10k-in-grants-for-communities-to-combat-stigma/ (photo will populate)
- Take a look around you! manufactured housing communities, and their residents, are not hard to find. in fact, we’re here to tell you that millions (yes, millions) of americans live in #manufacturedhousing. #RightAtHome2019
- A sense of community is important for all types of housing, but “community” and “privately-owned” are not mutually exclusive, especially in #manufacturedhousing. #RightAtHome2019
October 12-15 | DEBUNKING MORE MYTHS
- We might seem a little sensitive about using #manufacturedhome &mobile home interchangeably, but with reason! The 1976 HUD code established standards for (only) MH that regulate everything frm design to energy efficiency. Read more: http://bit.ly/2mg0nMf #RightAtHome2019
- Manufactured housing, in your own backyard? Probably not. But many Americans DO believe that #manufacturedhomes only exist in select, undesirable areas of the country. We’re here to tell you that’s simply not true. #RightAtHome2019
- There are more advantages to manufactured housing than you think. Check out the list from Next Step US to see why manufactured housing might be right for you! https://nextstepus.org/advantages-of-factory-built/
October 16-23 | THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
- Manufactured homes come in a variety of styles and layouts. The two main frames are single wide and double wide. As the name implies, the main difference between the two is space. The typical single wide home is about 15 feet wide by 72 feet long; floor space ranges from 400 to 1,400 square feet. Take a look at these videos to get an idea! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVgnq7XAh_g
- Manufactured homes come in a variety of styles and layouts. Double wides are larger, typically measuring 26 feet wide by 56 feet long. a double wide can be anywhere from 1,100 to a spacious 2,400 square feet. Take a look at these videos to get an idea! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl9owxxvoqq #RightAtHome2019
- Not sure what’s right for you and your family? Check out these tips from the Michigan Manufactured Housing Association on selecting the Manufactured Home that’s best for you! #RightAtHome2019 https://www.accesswire.com/558955/How-to-Select-a-Floor-Plan-in-Your-New-Manufactured-Home
- Don’t be scared of a little reno! Be the host of your own HGTV show! Take a look at how this couple remodeled manufactured home! #RightAtHome2019
October 31 (2:30pm ET) | Closing Twitterstorm
- Let us take over your timeline with some #manufacturedhousing as we end Manufactured Housing Anti-Stigma Month! Use the hashtag #RightAtHome2019 to join the conversation & follow along with (tag other orgs).
- Don't be spooked! October's #ManufacturedHousing Anti-Stigma Month is coming to an end, but we'll debunk a few more scary myths. Did you know that the value of MH appreciates similarly to site-built homes? Properly installed MH can be a great asset-builder! #RightAtHome2019
- Dealing w/ landlords can be hard,& #manufacturedhome owners can feel this pressure despite owning their homes. @ROCUSA offers a solution: this nat'l nonprofit provides TA &financing to help MH homeowners collectively buy their communities. rocusa.org #RightAtHome2019
- Think fighting the stigma around #manufacturedhousing is new? Let's take it back to 1981 when the @TB_Times wrote about a campaign to "improve the image of mobile homes." Sound familiar? #RightAtHome2019
- Similar to owning site-built homes, owning a #manufacturedhome has a price. But we're here to tell you that it is significantly lower than the prices you're used to. The median MH household only spends 16% of their income on housing! #RightAtHome2019
- Continue the #manufacturedhousing conversation! Join us in Portland, OR for the 2019 I'M HOME Conference! This year marks the 15th anniversary of the event, so come and make history with us and our wonderful friends at (tag orgs). #RightAtHome2019 http://bit.ly/2019IHC
- #Manufacturedhousing Anti-Stigma Month might be over, but the conversation will continue in Portland, OR starting November 18 at the 2019 I'M HOME Conference! Join us for the 15th anniversary of this one-of-a-kind event! http://bit.ly/2019IHC #RightAtHome2019
- That's a wrap for #manufacturedhousing Anti-Stigma Month! Thanks for joining us all month long in our fight against the stigma around manufactured housing, but the battle is not over. In a new blog post, Prosperity Now outlined the best ways to fight the stigma all year long. Check it out! http://bit.ly/2N2O6VN #RightAtHome2019